KunstpĂ¤dagogisches Institut Graz
The Kulturvermittlung Steiermark - KunstpĂ¤dagogisches Institut Graz was founded 1988 as an association of art teachers and people working in the cultural field. The goal is to bridge the gap between the general publicÂ´s perception of art and the nature of contemporary art. We aim to make it easier for everyone to have clearer understanding and appreciation for what is behind contemporary art, and how it relates to other disciplines. We not only exhibit in museums and galleries but also in schools and public institutions. The costs of the project are supported by the Federal Government, the Provincial Government of Styria and the City of Graz.
Beside the organisation and realisation of own projects, the Kulturvermittlung Steiermark supports various other institutions and artists in an organisational, technical and financial way. KultRent for instance offers high quality frames, partitions and other equipment for free - hundreds of projects have been supported that way.
Our field of activity includes:
- didactic (touring) exhibitions on art and history
- exhibitions, projects in public space, workshops
creative school projects
- art competitions, conferences, publications
- advisory service
- KultRent - free rental service for art equipment
- Cultural City Network Graz (CCN) - international art projects, scholarship
program for artists and writers
- International Writer's House Graz (IHAG) - scholarship program for international writers